Thank you to all of our past participants who provided feedback on our event. Our
goal is to always improve and the information you provided will help us to do this
and to continue to refine it until we truly have a world class event.
Here is a partial list of items that will be new for 2012 (this list may be periodically
- New Bib Sensor Timing: We will be using Right On Time Productions
and using combined race bib/chips instead of foot sensors.
- Better Busing from Parking: We will be increasing the size of our
parking shuttle buses and add a third bus to handle the additional traffic.
- Marshmallow Dash: A new kids race for the 6 and under crowd. It
will be shorter and safer!
- Better Mile Markers: We are still trying to find the RIGHT mile
markers. Please bear with us!
- Pasta Dinner: Tickets are available online (in addition to the
night of) so that you can order them while registering for your race. Saves time.
Here is what was new for the 2011 and 2010 races and will continue for 2012:
- Certified 10K Course: Our 10K course has been finalized (it only
took 4 years!) and certified. Go ahead and set your records!
- Pasta Dinner: We are having a pasta dinner (Kids Eat Free) during
packet pickup on Friday night.
- New registration service: We are going to try imAthlete for this
year's registration due to a handful of complaints about Active.Com.
- Better parking: We are currently working on a parking/shuttle plan
that will alleviate much of our parking issues.
- Bigger sponsor expo: Racers and spectators alike enjoyed visting
with our sponsors in 2010. This year we will have more.
- Guaranteed Shirts for All: We have capped the 10K race at 800 entrants
and everyone will get a shirt.
- Registrant Count: Our website will indicate how many people are
registered for the 10K and there will be a list of entrants. This will be updated
- Eco-Friendly: We will be using cups from Eco-Products and have
recycling stations. Additionally, the only way to register for the 10K will be through
Active.Com in order to limit our paper usage.
- More water: There will an additional water stop at 5.7 miles and
plenty of water and cups just after the finish line.
- Better sound: The starting line sound-system will be much larger
and pre-race announcements will be shorter.
- More bathrooms: There will be additional bathroom facilities.
- Better mile markers and time callers: We will have VERY OBVIOUS
mile markers and split callers at each mile this year.
- New start time for kids race: In order to alleviate congestion
at the finish line, the food and drink lines, and to allow parents to both run the
10K AND watch/run the Hill Climb with their child, the kids race has been moved
to 8:30 a.m.